Profane, honest, and totally real advice from comedian and director Kevin Smith - one of America's most original voices....
Take one look at Kevin Smith: He's a balding fatty who wears a size XXL hockey jersey, shorts, and slippers year-round. Not a likely source for life advice. But take a second look at Kevin Smith: He changed filmmaking forever when he was 24 with the release of Clerks, and since then has gone on to make nine more profitable movies, runs his own production company, wrote a best-selling graphic novel, and has a beautiful wife and kids. So he must be doing something right.
As Kevin's millions of Twitter followers and millions of podcast listeners know, he's the first one to admit his flaws and the last one to care about them. In early 2011, he began using his platform to answer big questions from fans - like "What should I do with my life?"- and he discovered that he had a lot to say. Tough Sh-t distills his four decades of breaking all the rules down to direct and brutally honest advice, including:
- Why he has accepted Ferris Bueller as his personal savior, and what the Tenets of Buellerism can teach about hiding in plain sight and lip-syncing in the face of danger
- Why it's really fun to eat but not so fun to be fat
- What to do about people who don't like your policies ( for starters, tell them to pucker up and smooch your big ol' butt)
- What Kevin's idol Wayne Gretzky can teach us about creativity and direction
For anyone who's out of a job, out of luck, or just out of sugary snack foods, Tough Sh*t is an unabashedly honest guide to getting the most out of doing the least.
- Kevin Smith
- Penguin Audio
- English, Published English, Original Language